Thursday, February 21, 2008

Can Your Kid Do This?


I'm sure at some point we've all been in a conversation with parents where they start bragging about how brilliant their kids are. I'm not naive enough to think my kid is the brightest and/or most talented, but it kind of would be cool if Faith was some superhuman prodigy and I could break out with an "I walked on the moon" story like Brian Regan tells.

However, we all know pictures don't lie, so I just had to post this one of Faith performing a two-handed dunk at some of our new neighbors' house today. We went to the park and were swinging. While I was lost in thought, wondering if that Nationwide commercial about life coming at your fast was going to be my reality, Faith begins pointing at a teenage brother and sister combination shooting hoops. It only took a few minutes before she made friends and was suddenly engaged in a friendly game of horse.

Now, before you think Faith is superhuman, dunking on a 10-foot goal, her new best friend, the teenage boy, lowered the goal to 8-feet. Before I knew it, she was throwing down two-handed dunks she learned while watching an NBA game without me (mostly because I don't watch the NBA anymore due to continual abuse from being forced to watch the Hawks while living in Atlanta). Me and her new friends begged her to try some nasty one-handed slams, but she told us to "Get real! My hands aren't big enough to palm the ball yet!" Any minute now, I'm expecting a call from Pat Summit.

OK, OK. Faith isn't really that articulate yet nor did she jump up on her own. Here's what really happened.


However, she needed no coaxing to know what to do around the basket. She was jamming away, much to the delight of her new friends.

But who knows? Maybe one day, Faith will be running a team from the point or even palming the ball. The sky is the limit.

1 comment:

Christina said...

you are right the sky is the limit for little Faith -- emphasis on LITTLE. Maybe she should try gymnastics. Can't wait to see ya in Florida Faitherina