Saturday, May 17, 2008

On a Swing and a Prayer


Every once in a while, I get to play Super Dad with Faith. Mom leaves the house and we're left to entertain ourselves. Unfortunately, most of the things I like to entertain myself with, such as watching sports, is off limits to Faith for the time being. However, she loves to go to the park and has become the pied piper of the neighborhood parks.

If Faith is going to the park, little girls up and down the street want to join her. I don't really get this phenomenon, to be honest. What makes 4- and 5-year-old girls want to tag along with Faith to the park? Who knows? But then there are those days when Faith just wants to ask everyone to go with her ... like this morning.

Her friend Grace was gone, so she had to see if our neighbors Ella and Claire wanted to go with her. The result was entertaining enough for both me and Faith.


Someone was raring to go once we arrived at the park.


Ella gives Faith a shove to get up onto the jungle gym.


Hey, look! There goes Claire down the tube slide!


Whoo! It's hot! Time for a water break. Claire has a "gigantic water bottle" but it's only for big people.


Only for "big people", huh? I'll show you I'm a big people, too!


Everybody wants to give me a push!


Who am I going to push?


Higher, Ella! Higher!


Everybody's swinging!


Whew! What a day! Ella makes sure I make it home safely.

When we came home, Faith and I ate lunch. Faith was a little confused since she loves to hold hands and say the blessing with both of us--but when there was no mommy to hold hands with, what was she to do? Hold both hands with daddy? That did the trick and got a giant "AMEN!" at the end of the prayer.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Oh Faith -- can I take you to the park when I come to visit when little bit is born?

Michelle said...

She's adorable. I love her longer hair.

I "friended" your blog. :)